- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Snoqualmie Vineyards 2016 Winemaker’s Select Riesling, Columbia Valley, $8
Best Buy! The history of this brand dates to 1983, and of the five remaining bottlings, which include its ECO tier, two are dedicated to Riesling. Joy Andersen, one of the Washington wine industry’s pioneers, creates her Winemaker’s Select Riesling in a delightful off-dry style that’s hugely tropical as jasmine and lavender notes blend with melon, apple and ripe pear. There’s a touch of sweetness on the entry, but it comes with plenty of crisp acidity. A pinch of baking spice makes for a long finish.
Production: 30,000 cases