- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
14 Hands Winery 2014 Stampede Red Blend, Columbia Valley, $12
Best Buy! The popularity of the 14 Hands is obvious as the Ste. Michelle Wine Estates brand has become the second largest in the Washington state at 2 million cases. Keith Kenison’s Hot to Trot Red Blend is the flagship wine for this winery in Prosser, but his team’s young Stampede Red Blend has earned a following, too. This Syrah-led blend brings ripe blue fruit, cola and cured meat to the table. Plush tannins and a plummy finish with toffee makes this quite a quaffer that can complement such as Indian curries, Tandoori Chicken and Korean-inspired barbecue fare.
Production: 100,000 cases