- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Lunar Harvest 2015 Merlot, Columbia Valley, $9
Best Buy! Seattle-based Precept Wine collaborates with Walmart on the young Lunar Harvest brand, they’ve created a value-minded expression of Washington Merlot that’s also a quaffer. Its theme of Bing cherry and milk chocolate includes hints of root beer candy and clove NECCO Wafer. Fine-grained tannins some with a drop of sweetness that’s pushed along by espresso grounds in the rather complex finish. Suggested pairings are roasted pork loin, red sauce pasta dishes and hard cheeses. The Lunar Harvest wines are available at select Walmart locations.
Production: 2,250 cases