- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Ponzi Vineyards 2015 Aurora Vineyard Chardonnay, Chehalem Mountains $63
The Ponzi family doesn’t brand this vineyard-designate Chardonnay as reserve, but second-generation talent Luisa Ponzi crafts this 100 percent French barrel-fermented with a deliciously balanced approach. Nearly a third of the barrels used were new oak, and she sent it through complete malolactic fermentation. The results with some of the Willamette Valley’s first plantings of Dijon clone Chardonnay bring aromas of buttercrunch toffee dusty Bosc pear and pineapple. On the palate, there’s an early greeting of sweet lemon that’s followed by brioche, white peach and Lake Country Harvest Dried Apples.
Production: 115 cases