- Auction of Washington Wines names Jamie Peha as executive director
- Auction of Washington Wines selects 2019 honorary grower, vintner
- Cabernet Sauvignon production grows by 29 percent in Washington wine industry
- Purity, sophistication at play on Youngberg Hill in McMinnville
- March enters as lion for Columbia Valley vineyards
- Ste. Michelle books 27 shows for Summer Concert Series
- Vancouver USA wineries set table for Savor SW WA Wine
- Young AVA launches Lewis-Clark Valley Wine Festival
- Wine Marketing Roundtable set for April 8 in Walla Walla
- Woodinville photojournalist debuts VineLines Dispatch
All posts by Abra Bennett
California’s Jackson Family buys Oregon icon WillaKenzie Estate
YAMHILL, Ore. – Jackson Family Wines has acquired WillaKenzie Estate, deepening its investment in Oregon and affirming its commitment to producing high-quality wines from the region. WillaKenzie Estate is an acclaimed Willamette Valley producer of single-vineyard...
- Posted October 4, 2016
Walla Walla winemaking class creates pied de cuve for Carmenere
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Somehow, I have become the Voodoo Mistress of the Walla Walla Community College Enology and Viticulture program. And when I say voodoo, I mean pied de cuve. And when I say pied de...
- Posted October 3, 2016
Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expand
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – SuLei Cellars is the brainchild of Elaine Jomwe and Tanya Woodley. They’ve known each other for half their lives, been together for 16 years, have been married for nearly three years, and are...
- Posted September 27, 2016
Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla wine
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – You may know Kyle MacLachlan as Portlandia’s mayor or as Dune’s Paul Atreides, or perhaps as Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks or as Trey MacDougal in Sex and the City. You probably don’t know...
- Posted September 23, 2016
SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great Northwest
MILTON-FREEWATER, Ore. – The unearthly shriek of the bird “cannon“ echoes off the gentle slopes of SeVein Vineyards, fired by soon-to-be assistant vineyard manager Oliver May as tries to deter, however briefly, flocks of birds from ravaging...
- Posted September 19, 2016
Walla Walla couple flying high with new Aluvé Winery
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – This is a tale of new beginnings and helping hands. It’s a tale of relying on your instincts and trusting those of the people around you. It’s the story of JJ and Kelly...
- Posted September 16, 2016
Walla Walla Valley wine grape harvest begins to ramp up
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – The Walla Walla Valley wine grape harvest is off to a steady start and is expected to burst into a full-blown frenzy in the next week or so. Although many growers expected an...
- Posted September 13, 2016
Great Northwest Wine guide to Bainbridge Island wineries
From downtown Seattle, it’s easy see the Bainbridge Island ferry making its frequent runs across Puget Sound. But what you can’t see is how the island is another world. Hop on that ferry and you’ll be transported...
- Posted September 6, 2016
Walla Walla sparkling wine a black-to-white process
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – It’s fresh and sparkling in your glass, perhaps with flavors of peach, baked apple, honey and nougat. It’s a little richer in flavor than most sparkling wines, with just a hint of color....
- Posted August 31, 2016
Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine country
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Jason Fox is a trend-bucker at heart, and it’s not just his tats, piercings and hip ear jewelry. How many people do you know who started out studying astrophysics, got a degree in...
- Posted August 24, 2016