- Apples to grapes: The path to the Lake Chelan AVA
- Maryhill, Gehringer Bros. stand tall at INDY International judging
- Alloro Vineyard weaves New World with Old in Chehalem Mountains
- Koenig Vineyards in Idaho stays local with sale to Nederends
- VineLines Dispatch: Tasting rooms spring up across Washington, Oregon
- 2019 vintage off to warm start in Northwest vineyards
- From apples to grapes: Lake Chelan AVA turns 10
- I Love Gamay festival helps kick off Oregon Wine Month
- Travel Oregon awards $125,000 in grants via Wine Country license plate
- Josh Lawrence, Tom Merkle team up to buy Conner Lee Vineyard
All posts by Abra Bennett
California’s Jackson Family buys Oregon icon WillaKenzie Estate
YAMHILL, Ore. – Jackson Family Wines has acquired WillaKenzie Estate, deepening its investment in Oregon and affirming its commitment to producing high-quality wines from the region. WillaKenzie Estate is an acclaimed Willamette Valley producer of single-vineyard...
- Posted October 4, 2016
Walla Walla winemaking class creates pied de cuve for Carmenere
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Somehow, I have become the Voodoo Mistress of the Walla Walla Community College Enology and Viticulture program. And when I say voodoo, I mean pied de cuve. And when I say pied de...
- Posted October 3, 2016
Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expand
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – SuLei Cellars is the brainchild of Elaine Jomwe and Tanya Woodley. They’ve known each other for half their lives, been together for 16 years, have been married for nearly three years, and are...
- Posted September 27, 2016
Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla wine
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – You may know Kyle MacLachlan as Portlandia’s mayor or as Dune’s Paul Atreides, or perhaps as Dale Cooper in Twin Peaks or as Trey MacDougal in Sex and the City. You probably don’t know...
- Posted September 23, 2016
SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great Northwest
MILTON-FREEWATER, Ore. – The unearthly shriek of the bird “cannon“ echoes off the gentle slopes of SeVein Vineyards, fired by soon-to-be assistant vineyard manager Oliver May as tries to deter, however briefly, flocks of birds from ravaging...
- Posted September 19, 2016
Walla Walla couple flying high with new Aluvé Winery
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – This is a tale of new beginnings and helping hands. It’s a tale of relying on your instincts and trusting those of the people around you. It’s the story of JJ and Kelly...
- Posted September 16, 2016
Walla Walla Valley wine grape harvest begins to ramp up
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – The Walla Walla Valley wine grape harvest is off to a steady start and is expected to burst into a full-blown frenzy in the next week or so. Although many growers expected an...
- Posted September 13, 2016
Great Northwest Wine guide to Bainbridge Island wineries
From downtown Seattle, it’s easy see the Bainbridge Island ferry making its frequent runs across Puget Sound. But what you can’t see is how the island is another world. Hop on that ferry and you’ll be transported...
- Posted September 6, 2016
Walla Walla sparkling wine a black-to-white process
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – It’s fresh and sparkling in your glass, perhaps with flavors of peach, baked apple, honey and nougat. It’s a little richer in flavor than most sparkling wines, with just a hint of color....
- Posted August 31, 2016
Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine country
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Jason Fox is a trend-bucker at heart, and it’s not just his tats, piercings and hip ear jewelry. How many people do you know who started out studying astrophysics, got a degree in...
- Posted August 24, 2016