- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
- Elephant 7 soars with Yellow Bird Vineyard Grenache at Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
All posts by Ellen Landis
In tune with Bells Up Winery in Oregon’s Chehalem Mountains
NEWBERG, Ore. — “Bells up” refers to a memorable moment in classical music when French horn players raise the bells of their instruments up to the heavens for a bright, brassy and dramatic projection. Oregon winemaker David...
- Posted March 14, 2020
2019 American Wine Society conference casts spotlight on Pacific Northwest
There will be a sizable contingent of Pacific Northwest producers this fall in St. Pete Beach, Fla., at the national conference of the American Wine Society, the largest organization in the U.S. for wine consumers and professionals....
- Posted July 28, 2019
Alloro Vineyard weaves New World with Old in Chehalem Mountains
SHERWOOD, Ore. – Meandering up the scenic path to Alloro Vineyard had me reminiscing about a visit to Tuscany a decade ago. Tall, swaying cypress trees guide you into a picturesque 110-acre estate, leading to a panoramic...
- Posted May 27, 2019
Purity, sophistication at play on Youngberg Hill in McMinnville
McMINNVILLE, Ore. – Seeking out fine wines and a first-class getaway in Oregon’s Willamette Valley? You’ll feel enriched and spoiled after a visit to the idyllic McMinnville estate that is Youngberg Hill. Wayne Bailey, who grew up...
- Posted March 6, 2019
Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
NEWBERG, Ore. – Vicki Lewis and her husband Don Hagge, a Ph.D., and former NASA physicist, purchased in 1999 what is now Vidon Vineyard (pronounced “VEE-dawn” – a contraction of their names) in Oregon’s North Willamette Valley...
- Posted November 14, 2018
Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
SALEM, Ore. – The year 2008 may be widely known for the significant economic downturn, but for husband-and-wife team of Erica Landon and Ken Pahlow it marked the launch of their dream in Oregon’s Willamette Valley: the...
- Posted September 27, 2018
Lenné Estate exudes sophistication, sense of place with Pinot Noir
YAMHILL, Ore. — Steve and Karen Lutz relocated to Oregon in 1998 after spending a year living in Karen’s native England, near her parents. They moved to Oregon to be near additional family members and a wine...
- Posted July 21, 2018