- Koenig wins Idaho Wine Competition for new owners
- Bledsoe Family Winery set to open tasting room in Oregon
- Northwest vineyards track along 2017 vintage after cool July
- Idaho wine industry prepares for 10th annual judging
- Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance hires Robert Hansen as executive director
- 2019 American Wine Society conference casts spotlight on Pacific Northwest
- BC wine industry loses a lion with passing of Harry McWatters
- VineLines Dispatch: Growing support for WSU wine research
- Amelia Wynn 2016 Grenache wins Washington State Wine Competition
- Zerba Cellars 2016 Wild Z wins Walla Walla wine competition
All posts by Ellen Landis
2019 American Wine Society conference casts spotlight on Pacific Northwest
There will be a sizable contingent of Pacific Northwest producers this fall in St. Pete Beach, Fla., at the national conference of the American Wine Society, the largest organization in the U.S. for wine consumers and professionals....
- Posted July 28, 2019
Alloro Vineyard weaves New World with Old in Chehalem Mountains
SHERWOOD, Ore. – Meandering up the scenic path to Alloro Vineyard had me reminiscing about a visit to Tuscany a decade ago. Tall, swaying cypress trees guide you into a picturesque 110-acre estate, leading to a panoramic...
- Posted May 27, 2019
Purity, sophistication at play on Youngberg Hill in McMinnville
McMINNVILLE, Ore. – Seeking out fine wines and a first-class getaway in Oregon’s Willamette Valley? You’ll feel enriched and spoiled after a visit to the idyllic McMinnville estate that is Youngberg Hill. Wayne Bailey, who grew up...
- Posted March 6, 2019
Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
NEWBERG, Ore. – Vicki Lewis and her husband Don Hagge, a Ph.D., and former NASA physicist, purchased in 1999 what is now Vidon Vineyard (pronounced “VEE-dawn” – a contraction of their names) in Oregon’s North Willamette Valley...
- Posted November 14, 2018
Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
SALEM, Ore. – The year 2008 may be widely known for the significant economic downturn, but for husband-and-wife team of Erica Landon and Ken Pahlow it marked the launch of their dream in Oregon’s Willamette Valley: the...
- Posted September 27, 2018
Lenné Estate exudes sophistication, sense of place with Pinot Noir
YAMHILL, Ore. — Steve and Karen Lutz relocated to Oregon in 1998 after spending a year living in Karen’s native England, near her parents. They moved to Oregon to be near additional family members and a wine...
- Posted July 21, 2018