The following is a list of directions and requirements from Corey Werstuik of Rogmay Services Ltd., in Vernon:
First, gather and complete the paperwork required by Rogmay Services Ltd., then enter the competition.
Commercial pro forma U.S. – this is the Wine Growers British Columbia document, the form where you provide your FDA Facility #.
*** If a winery does NOT have a FDA Facility # or a FDA U.S. Agent I.D. #, contact Eric Degerman via eric@GreatNorthwestWine.com ***
Commercial Invoice for U.S. Customs and Border Protection
North American Free Trade Agreement Certificate of Origin
2. Include your entry form listing your wines entered
3. Label your boxes with – “Not for resale, samples only”
4. Label each bottle with – the two U.S. government warning labels
Samples – Not for Resale – Contains Sulfites.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) ACCORDING TO THE SURGEON GENERAL, WOMEN SHOULD NOT DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES DURING PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF BIRTH DEFECTS. (2) CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IMPAIRS YOUR ABILITY TO DRIVE A CAR OR OPERATE MACHINERY AND MAY CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS.
5. Ensure that the FDA Prior Notice (U.S. Food and Drug), North American Free Trade Agreement and Entry Manifest are completed.
6. A copy of each must be emailed to Rogmay two days prior to pick up, a copy of each needs to be sent with the driver and the winery keeps a copy for their records.
7. As long as the wine value is less than $800, no broker is needed.
8. Rogmay fills out Section 321
9. On the Prior Notice, the carrier must be listed as “Rogmay” and include their Lic#
10. Each winery must prepare a U.S. customs invoice. Rogmay requires the following information:
Description of goods
Country of Origin
Rogmay delivers to the Ship It To Us Freight Inc., warehouse in Oroville several times each week.
Place $10 U.S. in envelope attached to box addressed to “Ship It To US Freight Inc.“
Rogmay will send invoice you $25.00 per shipment.