- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- This event has passed.
2020 Greatest of the Grape
March 21, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm$90 – $125
The Umpqua Valley Winegrowers Association will present the 50th anniversary of the Greatest of the Grape event that has its roots in Roseburg, Ore. It was the first event of its kind where local fine wine is available for tasting, paired with food prepared by local restaurants and caterers. It is now one of the premier wine tasting events in Oregon.
Make plans now to spend the night at the Greatest of the Grape on March 21, 2020, to be held at the Douglas County Fairgrounds near Interstate 5 at exit 123. VIP entrance is at 6 p.m. General admission is at 7 p.m.
Early Bird special ticket prices are offered Oct. 1 through Jan. 31, 2020:
Sale: VIP tickets will be $115 per person – Feb. 1st + VIP tickets will be $125
Sale: Gen. Admission is $ 80 per person – Feb. 1st + Gen. Admission is $ 90.
Pioneer Umpqua Valley winemaker, Richard Sommer and Paul Bjelland established the event as a wine tasting supper held at the Umpqua Hotel in downtown Roseburg.
Oregon’s governor at the time, Tom McCall, predicted the vision of the future of the Umpqua Valley.
“I can see where one day this may be a scenic valley of vineyards,” he said
This year’s theme will be “Puttin’ on the Ritz” with all the sparkle, glitter and festive times for an evening offering live music for dancing, wine tasting, food pairings, silent auction, take a spin at the Wheel of Wine. Join in the celebration of the Greatest of the Grape’s 50th anniversary.