- Oregon wine harvest fell by 29% in 2020, but growth continues
- Quilceda Creek acquires 22 acres of famed Champoux Vineyards from Woodward Canyon
- Hat Ranch Winery tops Idaho Wine Competition with Cabernet Franc from Lewis-Clark Valley
- Central Oregon Winegrowers schedule summer summit
- Avennia purchases vineyard, tasting room on Red Mountain
- Heat units in Northwest vineyards as much as 29% ahead of last year
- Washington Wine Industry Foundation awards 6 of its 7 scholarships to women
- Kiona, Barnard Griffin toast 40th Red Mountain harvest with fundraiser Cab
- Pandemic prompts Red Mountain wineries to postpone consumer weekend
- Hot, dry climate July report marks finale by Greg Jones at Linfield
- This event has passed.
Ancient Lakes Theatre Festival presents musical ‘How Can I Love You’
July 15 @ 6:00 pm - July 26 @ 10:30 pm$40 – $60
Don’t miss this chance to experience live theatre in its most impressive setting — outdoors. Cave B Estate Winery proudly presents the Ancient Lakes Theatre Festival — a celebration of the performing arts, fully surrounded by vast vineyards and the flood-carved cliffs of the Columbia River.
Situated near the Gorge Amphitheatre, soak up stunning views as the sun sets behind “Stage B,” the breathtaking natural backdrop for our featured production.
This year, we are thrilled to present the world premiere of the contemporary musical How Can I Love You. It offers an intimate portrait of enormous struggle as three families experience their loved-one’s journey into dementia.
At turns both heartbreaking and humorous, this one-act play takes us on an odyssey through memory loss, ultimately delivering love and acceptance to these families and friends. Brimming with beautiful pop songs, powerful dance and uplifting music, this production is a wondrous work of love. As dusk settles in behind the performers, you’ll be enchanted by the sun setting on the memories of these central characters and become invested in the tales being told onstage.
The product of a lifelong passion for music combined with helping people heal, How Can I Love You was penned by neurosurgeon Dr. Vince Bryan, composed by Rand Bellar and directed by Erik Ankrim. Reserve your seat now and prepare to be enchanted by the exploration of life’s happy memories, set among beautiful songs, powerful dancing and inspiring music.
The festival doors open at 6 p.m. Seating for the performance begins at 7:30 p.m. and the 90-minute performance starts at 9 p.m.
In addition to your ticket to the musical, you can make the most of your Ancient Lakes Theatre Festival experience by purchasing exclusive add-ons like meet-and-greet, pre-show boxed dinner, wine tasting in the Piazza and overnight RV parking.