- Tinte Cellars donation drive for Ukraine enters final week
- Jackson Family Wines invests in Walla Walla vines, wines
- 2022 Idaho Winery of the Year: Holesinsky Vineyard and Winery
- 2022 Idaho Winery to Watch: Rivaura Vineyards and Winery
- 2022 Washington Winery of the Year: Westport Winery Garden Resort
- 2022 Washington Winery to Watch: Liberty Lake Wine Cellars
- 2022 Oregon Winery of the Year: Chris James Cellars
- Long path of Andrew Riechers leads to early acclaim for Audeant Wines
- The Wine Knows: Upchurch hits sweet spot with Cab on Red Mountain
- Northwest Merlot remains memorable in talented hands
Blood Of Gods Inaugural Merrymaking in Walla Walla
July 22 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree
Blood Of Gods is pleased to announce its inaugural social event on July 22-23 in Walla Walla, Wash.
The biannual indie print publication, which began two years ago, celebrates the unassuming similarities between heavy metal and wine. Its debut event aims to praise each in equal measure, first at the historic Liberty Theatre in downtown Walla Walla for its kick-off merrymaking on Friday, July 22, from 8-10 p.m., and then the following day, Saturday, July 23, at the Gesa Powerhouse Theatre for a “no holds barred” discussion/speaking session, from 9-11 a.m. Each event is completely free and open to the public to attend.
Master sommeliers Jackson Rohrbaugh, Doug Frost and Justin Moore will be in attendance (more TBD), along with Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate writer Anthony Mueller and Maryam Ahmed (co-founder of the Diversity in Wine Leadership Forum and SOMM-TV cast member). They will mix and mingle at the Friday night merrymaking, and then participate in a fun and lively table discussion on Saturday morning aimed at illuminating the challenges, opportunities, and general razzle-dazzle that makes Walla Walla and its surrounding areas so one-of-a-kind.
Several of the highly acclaimed artists who have contributed to Blood Of Gods will also be at the event, providing live demonstrations ranging from screen printing and inking to block prints and more, meeting and greeting as well as selling their unique works. Collin Estrada, Cryomera, Matt Harvey and Kyle Bond are some of those artists attending. There will also be a wide variety of vendors, wine tasting from unique producers and curated tunes featuring punk, metal, and hardcore classics and deep cuts.
Light fare will be available for purchase, and metal movie classics for your Spinal Tap fix will be projected. Finally, there will also be contests and giveaways, helping ensure each guest leaves happy and also with a complimentary gift bag of goodies.
NO COVER! That’s right, both Friday night and Saturday morning events are FREE to attend. Please RSVP so we have enough gift bag party favors for everyone who attends, and also let us know if you’re coming from outside of the Walla Walla area. Thanks and cheers!