- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- This event has passed.
Classic Wines Auction
March 7, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
PORTLAND – The Classic Wines Auction is one of the longest-running charity wine auctions in the U.S., ranking in the top 10 of U.S. charity wine auctions by Wine Spectator magazine.
The 36th annual black-tie gala takes place March 7 at the Oregon Convention Center’s Portland Ballroom and will benefit charities in Oregon and Washington.
Since the organization’s inception in 1982, Classic Wines Auction has raised nearly $50 million for local nonprofits and benefited more than 1 million individuals in the region.
The 2019 Honorary Wine Ambassadors included Cristom Vineyards and 00 Wines from Oregon, Doubleback Winery and Woodward Canyon Winery from Walla Walla, Rombauer Vineyards and Silver Oak Cellars from California as well as French producers Becky Wasserman & Co. and Domaines Ott.
Each year, wine and food lovers, business and community leaders and philanthropists attend. The 2020 event begins at 5 p.m. with a wine tasting, silent auction and cooking demonstrations. The five-course dinner and live auction begin at 7 p.m.