- None in the top 10, but nine from Northwest get inside Wine Spectator’s top 60
- Bob Bertheau joins German icon Loosen at J. Christopher Wines
- Abeja Chardonnay edges DeLille’s Harrison Hill at Great Northwest Invitational
- Election Day arrives for office-seeking Airfield Estates Winery owner
- Bledsoe, McDaniels buy Hope Well Vineyard in Oregon’s Eola-Amity Hills
- Oregon wine harvest fell by 29% in 2020, but growth continues
- Quilceda Creek acquires 22 acres of famed Champoux Vineyards from Woodward Canyon
- Hat Ranch Winery tops Idaho Wine Competition with Cabernet Franc from Lewis-Clark Valley
- Central Oregon Winegrowers schedule summer summit
- Avennia purchases vineyard, tasting room on Red Mountain
- This event has passed.
History of Viticulture Vineyard Hike | Wine Tasting & Lunch
November 28 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm$125
During this immersive experience, you will enjoy a two-mile progressive hike and wine tasting as you learn about many vineyard characteristics that influence wine.
Lunch is included (a menu is provided during registration).
– How characteristics such as soil type, vineyard slope, and even spacing of the vines make a difference in how the fruit develops, and the resulting wine.
– Knudsen Vineyards’ history as the first vineyard in the Dundee Hills AVA, and how we serve as a living laboratory to help shape the Willamette Valley.
– What “rootstock” and “clones” are, and why they matter.
– What’s happening in the vineyard this time of year!
Distance: 2 miles on steep terrain – sturdy footwear is recommended!
Length: Approximately 2 hours
This event takes place rain or shine!
This experience is led by Damian Lopez, Knudsen Vineyards Hospitality and Staff Manager, who brings more than 10 years of experience in the fine wine and food industries and is certified through WSET Level 2 and Oregon Wine Expert.
$125 per person / $65 for Family Roots Wine Club Members