- Wild Goose Vineyards in British Columbia tops Cascadia wine judging again
- Southern Oregon starts June ahead of historically hot 2015 vintage
- Columbia Valley growers, winemaker look back on Mount St. Helens
- Salty fries and old Spätlese; the ’99 Bottles’ that made Andre Mack a somm
- Oregon wineries woo sports broadcaster Tony Kornheiser
- Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance moves Celebrate to 2021
- Early freeze, drop in demand lead to smallest harvest for Washington wine since 2012
- Stock helps David Hill join ranks of B Corp wineries
- First markers for 2020 vintage include wet January, cool start to April
- In tune with Bells Up Winery in Oregon’s Chehalem Mountains
- This event has passed.
Maria Volonte Blue Tango Project at Grizzly Peak Winery
August 27, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$20
A collaboration between Argentine Latin Grammy nominee María Volonté and California harmonica player Kevin Carrel Footer.
After touring on three continents and playing hundreds of concerts from Kosovo to Caracas; having freely mixed chauffeured embassy limousines with sleeping in vans when the gig money didnt cover the hotel; having felt the roar of crowds tempered by the silence in our own searchers hearts and embracing still the artists life in all its complex splendor, we have learned to believe. Believe in our destiny. Believe in the uncharted mystery of it all. Believe in the warm embrace of art and love that binds us all together.
Since we launched the creative union that would become Blue Tango Project (the band created by Maria Volonte and Kevin Carrel Footer) at the San Francisco Jazz Festival in 2008, we know that there are a lot of very special people out there who connect on the deepest level with our artistic vision, our road-centric approach to life and the music that we create. Ours like yours is a spiritual journey. We have visited with you after concerts, seen that look (sometimes tears) in your eyes when we spoke, performed in your living rooms and (in some cases) even stayed at your homes during our endless tours.
We give thanks for those moments we have shared for they are the purpose of and the payback for all that we do.
María & Kevin