- First markers for 2020 vintage include wet January, cool start to April
- In tune with Bells Up Winery in Oregon’s Chehalem Mountains
- Ste. Michelle Wine Estates closes wineries, tasting rooms to public
- Fortuity Cellars recruits winemaker Alexis Sells from Duckhorn
- TEXSOM awards Best Syrah to So. Oregon producer Reustle
- Coronavirus outbreak prompts cancellation of Taste Washington
- Gamay, Grenache Blanc steal show at McMinnville judging
- VineLines Dispatch: Tasting rooms continue to swirl around Woodinville
- Walla Walla Valley wine industry helps raise $55K for food bank
- VineLines Dispatch captures late scramble amid early freeze
- This event has passed.
Maria Volonte Blue Tango Project at Grizzly Peak Winery
August 27, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$20
A collaboration between Argentine Latin Grammy nominee María Volonté and California harmonica player Kevin Carrel Footer.
After touring on three continents and playing hundreds of concerts from Kosovo to Caracas; having freely mixed chauffeured embassy limousines with sleeping in vans when the gig money didnt cover the hotel; having felt the roar of crowds tempered by the silence in our own searchers hearts and embracing still the artists life in all its complex splendor, we have learned to believe. Believe in our destiny. Believe in the uncharted mystery of it all. Believe in the warm embrace of art and love that binds us all together.
Since we launched the creative union that would become Blue Tango Project (the band created by Maria Volonte and Kevin Carrel Footer) at the San Francisco Jazz Festival in 2008, we know that there are a lot of very special people out there who connect on the deepest level with our artistic vision, our road-centric approach to life and the music that we create. Ours like yours is a spiritual journey. We have visited with you after concerts, seen that look (sometimes tears) in your eyes when we spoke, performed in your living rooms and (in some cases) even stayed at your homes during our endless tours.
We give thanks for those moments we have shared for they are the purpose of and the payback for all that we do.
María & Kevin