- Zerba Cellars 2016 Wild Z wins Walla Walla wine competition
- Apples to grapes: The path to the Lake Chelan AVA
- Maryhill, Gehringer Bros. stand tall at INDY International judging
- Alloro Vineyard weaves New World with Old in Chehalem Mountains
- Koenig Vineyards in Idaho stays local with sale to Nederends
- VineLines Dispatch: Tasting rooms spring up across Washington, Oregon
- 2019 vintage off to warm start in Northwest vineyards
- From apples to grapes: Lake Chelan AVA turns 10
- I Love Gamay festival helps kick off Oregon Wine Month
- Travel Oregon awards $125,000 in grants via Wine Country license plate
- This event has passed.
Seattle Session – Italian Wine Scholar Unit 2
May 20 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, repeating until May 27, 2019
The International Wine Guild is collaborating with Cellar Muse in Bellevue to present the Italian Wine Scholar Unit 2 session on Central/Southern Italy.
Unit 2 offers continued in-depth study of Italy’s wine producing regions including grape varieties, origin of cultivars, geological exploration, vine cultivation and viticulture, history of the regions winemaking, food specific to each region, and regulations for wine categories. Sensory evaluation of representative wines assessed in each class. Students achieving a combined score of 75 or greater on Unit I and Unit II exams will be awarded the internationally prestigious title of Italian Wine Scholar and may use the post-nominal, IWS.
Course Schedule: April 29 through May 27, 2019 with a study review on June 10, 2019. All classes are staged from 6-9 p.m.
Exam Date: June 23, 2019 (1-hour exam).
Location: Cépaé Tasting Room, 258 106th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA
Your instructor: Tanya Morning Star Darling, IWS