- VineLine Dispatches from Harvest 2019
- ‘Slow and steady harvest’ forecast for Northwest grapes in 2019
- VineLines Dispatch: Northwest wineries fill lists of USA Today readers
- Koenig wins Idaho Wine Competition for new owners
- Bledsoe Family Winery set to open tasting room in Oregon
- Northwest vineyards track along 2017 vintage after cool July
- Idaho wine industry prepares for 10th annual judging
- Walla Walla Valley Wine Alliance hires Robert Hansen as executive director
- 2019 American Wine Society conference casts spotlight on Pacific Northwest
- BC wine industry loses a lion with passing of Harry McWatters
- This event has passed.
Seattle Session – Italian Wine Scholar Unit 2
May 20 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:00 pm on Monday, repeating until May 27, 2019
The International Wine Guild is collaborating with Cellar Muse in Bellevue to present the Italian Wine Scholar Unit 2 session on Central/Southern Italy.
Unit 2 offers continued in-depth study of Italy’s wine producing regions including grape varieties, origin of cultivars, geological exploration, vine cultivation and viticulture, history of the regions winemaking, food specific to each region, and regulations for wine categories. Sensory evaluation of representative wines assessed in each class. Students achieving a combined score of 75 or greater on Unit I and Unit II exams will be awarded the internationally prestigious title of Italian Wine Scholar and may use the post-nominal, IWS.
Course Schedule: April 29 through May 27, 2019 with a study review on June 10, 2019. All classes are staged from 6-9 p.m.
Exam Date: June 23, 2019 (1-hour exam).
Location: Cépaé Tasting Room, 258 106th Ave. NE, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA
Your instructor: Tanya Morning Star Darling, IWS