- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest surrounding Lake Chelan
- Northwest restaurateurs purchase Basel Cellars in Walla Walla
- Hayden Homes CEO buys interest in Pepper Bridge, Amavi wineries
- Walla Walla Community College to receive $15 million gift from MacKenzie Scott
- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- This event has passed.
Sunday School presents Pinot Noir: War of the Worlds at Hazelfern Cellars
April 5, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm$50
It’s the showdown you’ve all been waiting for. We’ll be putting Burgundy into the ring to face the Willamette Valley as we blind taste through some extra special (and impressive) wines. And this time we’re bringing home to the Willamette Valley as Hazelfern Cellars hosts the class!
For decades, Willamette Valley Pinot Noirs have been measured against the historic wisdom of Burgundy, but is that comparison still relevant? Have our Pinots become jewels of our own: purely Oregon? And what makes a Pinot distinct between each country and within a region? You’ll learn all you need to know about this singular, romanticized and, at times, exceedingly expensive grape.
We’re very excited to be pouring three (count ‘em, three!) Pinots from Hazelfern that showcase each of the main soil types that make Willamette Valley Pinots the world renown wines they are. Plus, of course, we’ll have a couple fancy Burgundies for contrast and compare.
*Our class capacity is very limited, so unfortunately we cannot offer refunds, nor exchanges for last minute cancellations. If something comes up and you can’t make it, please find a lucky friend to take your spot!