- Hot, dry climate July report marks finale by Greg Jones at Linfield
- Betz Family Winery will not release wines from smoky 2020 vintage
- Matías Kúsulas replaces Aryn Morell as Gård Vintners winemaker
- Boise-area Telaya Wine Co., uses Idaho Syrah to top Cascadia International
- Sagemoor enters Walla Walla Valley grape market with Southwind Vineyard purchase
- Fire destroys distillery at Westport Winery Garden Resort in Washington
- Fries family departs Washington wine industry with Desert Wind sale
- Warnshuis realizes dream of Utopia along Oregon’s tiny Ribbon Ridge
- Fidelitas promotes Will Hoppes, Mitch Venohr as part of transition
- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- This event has passed.
The Outlook from Knudsen Vineyards free live interview with Allen and Jackson Holstein
July 13 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Episode 5: A Conversation with Allen and Jackson Holstein
Allen Holstein is widely recognized as one of the leading viticulturists in Oregon. He commenced his grape growing career in 1980 working as vineyard manager at Knudsen Vineyards where he planted and replanted nearly 200 acres over his 40-year affiliation. Knudsen Vineyards is a thoughtfully assembled collection of vine blocks planted at different elevations, with different spacing, row orientation, and clonal types and Allen is intimately familiar with all of its expressions. His son, Jackson Holstein, grew up among the vines at Knudsen Vineyards and makes wine under his own label, Granville Wines—including a bottling from our vineyard. The wine business is a family affair, and we hope you’ll join us for this reunion.
The series continues at 5 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 10 with Brian Croser in Episode 6.
Brian Croser is a famed Australian viticulturalist and winemaker who founded Petaluma Wines in 1976, an award-winning winery in the Adelaide Hills. In 1986, Brian was drawn to Oregon to create, with Rollin Soles, sparkling wine titan Argyle Winery. They quickly teamed up with Cal Knudsen, engaging Knudsen Vineyards as Argyle’s founding fruit source. Cal later became a partial owner and Chairman of Argyle. Brian is currently the owner and winemaker at Tapanappa in Australia, a partnership with the Bollinger family of Champagne and the Cazes family of Lynch Bages in Bordeaux’s Pauillac commune. Brian joins us live from Australia to share stories about Cal Knudsen and the early days of Oregon’s sparkling wine fame.