- Gamay, Grenache Blanc steal show at McMinnville judging
- VineLines Dispatch: Tasting rooms continue to swirl around Woodinville
- Walla Walla Valley wine industry helps raise $55K for food bank
- VineLines Dispatch captures late scramble amid early freeze
- L’Ecole No. 41 recruits Marcus Rafanelli to take over as winemaker
- VinesLines Dispatch swings along Columbia River, Walla Walla Valley
- Alexandria Nicole Cellars uses white Rhône blend to lead Great Northwest Invite
- VineLines Dispatch coverage of 2019 vintage continues
- VineLine Dispatches from Harvest 2019
- ‘Slow and steady harvest’ forecast for Northwest grapes in 2019
- This event has passed.
UW Alumni Association presents Walla Walla Wine Weekend
April 26, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 12:00 pm, repeating until April 27, 2019
The University of Washington Alumni Association presents its Walla Walla Wine Weekend on Friday, April 26 and Saturday, April 27.
Get ready to paint the town purple! Gather with fellow Huskies for food, fun and friendship while we explore wineries and tasting rooms that have a UW connection.
The weekend kicks off Friday evening with a wine reception in the historic Gesa Power House Theater. On Saturday, enjoy a casual wine tour featuring wineries and tasting rooms that are owned, founded or managed by Husky alumni.
Join the pack for both events, or just pick one. Tickets are $20 for each event, $15 for UWAA members. (Must be 21 and older, please bring valid ID to ensure entrance to each event.)
Husky Wine Social
Friday, April 26, 5–7 p.m.
Gesa Power House Theatre
111 N. Sixth Ave., Walla Walla, WA, 99362
Reception ticket includes a glass of wine and appetizers. Wine by Passing Time Winery, co-owned by Husky great Damon Huard, and Tempus Cellars. Additional glasses of wine available for purchase.
Self-guided wine tour
Saturday, April 27, noon–5 p.m.
Various wineries throughout the Walla Walla Valley
Tickets include tastings at Husky-owned and/or Husky-operated wineries and tasting rooms. Explore any of the wineries at your leisure. Wine purchases made at designated Husky stops will be picked up and delivered to the Courtyard Marriott at the end of the tour. Wineries include Browne Family Vineyards, Cadaretta Wine, Dunham Cellars, Otis Kenyon Wine, Seven Hills Winery, Spring Valley Vineyard and Tempus Cellars.
Wine tour transportation: Shuttles will run from three convenient stops during the event. Some wineries might require a five- to 10-minute walk from the nearest stop, so weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable shoes are highly recommended. Responsible wine touring is encouraged and recommend that you utilize the provided shuttle service, make arrangements with a local cab company or that you have a designated driver.
Accommodations: Book a room at the Courtyard Marriott Walla Walla to get a discounted rate of $159 (normally $229). Make your reservation by calling 509-876-8100 and requesting the UW Alumni Association block under the code “UNIS” — or by using this link.