- Oregon wine harvest fell by 29% in 2020, but growth continues
- Quilceda Creek acquires 22 acres of famed Champoux Vineyards from Woodward Canyon
- Hat Ranch Winery tops Idaho Wine Competition with Cabernet Franc from Lewis-Clark Valley
- Central Oregon Winegrowers schedule summer summit
- Avennia purchases vineyard, tasting room on Red Mountain
- Heat units in Northwest vineyards as much as 29% ahead of last year
- Washington Wine Industry Foundation awards 6 of its 7 scholarships to women
- Kiona, Barnard Griffin toast 40th Red Mountain harvest with fundraiser Cab
- Pandemic prompts Red Mountain wineries to postpone consumer weekend
- Hot, dry climate July report marks finale by Greg Jones at Linfield
- This event has passed.
Weed & Wine Outdoor Film Screening
June 26 @ 7:15 pm - 10:30 pm$12.00
The Ashland Independent Film Festival returns to live events with socially-distanced outdoor screening events in Ashland and Medford.
The year’s festival includes 5 nights of independent films, live music, food trucks, beverages, and more. In cooperation with Scienceworks Hands-On Museum in Ashland, viewers can watch films on our new blow-up screen in the field facing the building. (18+) In Medford, screenings will be held in The Outback at Walkabout Brewing Company. (21+)
Weed & Wine Synopsis:
Continents apart from one another, two farming families aim to reinvent themselves on their land. One family—a strong-willed French matriarch and the son she raised among her vines—tends a centuries-old, biodynamic vineyard in the Southern Rhône. Across the ocean in Humboldt, California, another family—a brash father and his more reserved son—carefully manage a state-recognized, organic cannabis farm. The feature documentary Weed & Wine interweaves their stories, urging comparisons and teasing out contradictions between France’s revered winemaking traditions and the artisan culture emerging alongside the legal cannabis industry.
With Live Music: Clayton Joseph Scott
And short film: “Metro6”