- Tinte Cellars donation drive for Ukraine enters final week
- Jackson Family Wines invests in Walla Walla vines, wines
- 2022 Idaho Winery of the Year: Holesinsky Vineyard and Winery
- 2022 Idaho Winery to Watch: Rivaura Vineyards and Winery
- 2022 Washington Winery of the Year: Westport Winery Garden Resort
- 2022 Washington Winery to Watch: Liberty Lake Wine Cellars
- 2022 Oregon Winery of the Year: Chris James Cellars
- Long path of Andrew Riechers leads to early acclaim for Audeant Wines
- The Wine Knows: Upchurch hits sweet spot with Cab on Red Mountain
- Northwest Merlot remains memorable in talented hands
- This event has passed.
Weed & Wine Outdoor Film Screening
June 26, 2021 @ 7:15 pm - 10:30 pm$12.00
The Ashland Independent Film Festival returns to live events with socially-distanced outdoor screening events in Ashland and Medford.
The year’s festival includes 5 nights of independent films, live music, food trucks, beverages, and more. In cooperation with Scienceworks Hands-On Museum in Ashland, viewers can watch films on our new blow-up screen in the field facing the building. (18+) In Medford, screenings will be held in The Outback at Walkabout Brewing Company. (21+)
Weed & Wine Synopsis:
Continents apart from one another, two farming families aim to reinvent themselves on their land. One family—a strong-willed French matriarch and the son she raised among her vines—tends a centuries-old, biodynamic vineyard in the Southern Rhône. Across the ocean in Humboldt, California, another family—a brash father and his more reserved son—carefully manage a state-recognized, organic cannabis farm. The feature documentary Weed & Wine interweaves their stories, urging comparisons and teasing out contradictions between France’s revered winemaking traditions and the artisan culture emerging alongside the legal cannabis industry.
With Live Music: Clayton Joseph Scott
And short film: “Metro6”