- Hot, dry climate July report marks finale by Greg Jones at Linfield
- Betz Family Winery will not release wines from smoky 2020 vintage
- Matías Kúsulas replaces Aryn Morell as Gård Vintners winemaker
- Boise-area Telaya Wine Co., uses Idaho Syrah to top Cascadia International
- Sagemoor enters Walla Walla Valley grape market with Southwind Vineyard purchase
- Fire destroys distillery at Westport Winery Garden Resort in Washington
- Fries family departs Washington wine industry with Desert Wind sale
- Warnshuis realizes dream of Utopia along Oregon’s tiny Ribbon Ridge
- Fidelitas promotes Will Hoppes, Mitch Venohr as part of transition
- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
Idaho Wine Competition
Here is a link to the year-by-year look back at the Idaho Wine Competition.
This judging celebrates the best of the Idaho wine industry, and the panel is blend of winemakers, sommeliers, journalists, wine buyers and educators from throughout the country. In recent years, judges have included Ellen Landis, a contributor to SOMM Journal from St. Petersburg, Fla.; Sheri Sauter Morano, a Master of Wine from Durham, N.C., and Tim McNally, host, The New Orleans Dine, Wine and Spirits Show, WGSO 990 AM, New Orleans.
Each year, judges are led on a tour of the region by the Idaho Wine Commission during the day after the Idaho Wine Competition. Later in the year, the commission curates special lots featuring gold medal wines and offers them at a discount as part of its “Taste Idaho Gold” program. A portion of the sales are earmarked for the Idaho Wine Scholarship Fund, which assists members of the Idaho wine industry with education and development.
Eric Degerman and Andy Perdue, co-founders of Great Northwest Wine LLC, launched the Idaho Wine Competition in 2010. The Idaho Wine Commission is the united voice to market, promote and champion all Idaho’s grape growers and winemakers.