- Betz Family Winery will not release wines from smoky 2020 vintage
- Matías Kúsulas replaces Aryn Morell as Gård Vintners winemaker
- Boise-area Telaya Wine Co., uses Idaho Syrah to top Cascadia International
- Sagemoor enters Walla Walla Valley grape market with Southwind Vineyard purchase
- Fire destroys distillery at Westport Winery Garden Resort in Washington
- Fries family departs Washington wine industry with Desert Wind sale
- Warnshuis realizes dream of Utopia along Oregon’s tiny Ribbon Ridge
- Fidelitas promotes Will Hoppes, Mitch Venohr as part of transition
- New Alliance of Women in Washington Wine already stands at 200 strong
- Bullocks bid goodbye to Eye of the Needle Winery in Woodinville
Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – The eighth annual Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition was staged Friday, Aug. 28 using a smaller panel at private home in Kennewick, Wash. We hope to return the event to the campus of Walla Walla Community College in 2021.
This blind judging of wines made by Walla Walla Valley wineries is a scholarship competition and will benefit future winemakers by providing funds for viticulture and enology students at Walla Walla Community College. Career contributions by Great Northwest Wine LLC to the Walla Walla Community College Foundation exceed $11,000.
The panel for 2020 included Kristine Bono, general manager of Tertulia Cellars; Philippe Michel, founder of Oak Traditions; and Gordy Venneri, co-founder of Walla Walla Vintners.
- See the 2020 competition results
- See the 2019 competition results
- See the 2018 competition results
- See the 2017 competition results
- See the 2016 competition results
- See the 2015 competition results
- See the 2014 competition results
- See the 2013 competition results
Date of 2020 judging
Friday, Aug. 28
Cost to enter
$55 per entry.
To make it easier and more cost-effective for you, we will pick up your wine the day before the competition. Or you can choose to drop it off at Tertulia Cellars, 1564 Whiteley Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
- Any winery that is physically located in the Walla Walla Valley AVA may enter this competition.
- The wines may come from any AVA. For example, a winery using grapes from the Horse Heaven Hills or Columbia Valley may enter those wines.