- Brian Carter Cellars adds Latin influence with marketing hire
- VineLines Dispatch: A Gorgeous look at harvest
- Goose Ridge hires Peter Devison as winemaking consultant
- Tri-City winemaker Palencia partners on Culture Shock mobile catering
- Armstrong Family Winery turns Discovery Vineyard Syrah into best wine at Great Northwest Invitational
- VineLines Dispatch: Harvest of Walla Walla Valley
- VineLines Dispatch: September to remember on Red Mountain
- VineLines Dispatch: Woodinville crushes through smoke, pandemic
- Sweet 16th AVA in Washington belongs to Candy Mountain
- H3 2016 Cab rides off as Washington State Wine Competition best of show
Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – The eighth annual Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition was staged Friday, Aug. 28 using a smaller panel at private home in Kennewick, Wash. We hope to return the event to the campus of Walla Walla Community College in 2021.
This blind judging of wines made by Walla Walla Valley wineries is a scholarship competition and will benefit future winemakers by providing funds for viticulture and enology students at Walla Walla Community College. Career contributions by Great Northwest Wine LLC to the Walla Walla Community College Foundation exceed $11,000.
The panel for 2020 included Kristine Bono, general manager of Tertulia Cellars; Philippe Michel, founder of Oak Traditions; and Gordy Venneri, co-founder of Walla Walla Vintners.
- See the 2020 competition results
- See the 2019 competition results
- See the 2018 competition results
- See the 2017 competition results
- See the 2016 competition results
- See the 2015 competition results
- See the 2014 competition results
- See the 2013 competition results
Date of 2020 judging
Friday, Aug. 28
Cost to enter
$55 per entry.
To make it easier and more cost-effective for you, we will pick up your wine the day before the competition. Or you can choose to drop it off at Tertulia Cellars, 1564 Whiteley Road, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
- Any winery that is physically located in the Walla Walla Valley AVA may enter this competition.
- The wines may come from any AVA. For example, a winery using grapes from the Horse Heaven Hills or Columbia Valley may enter those wines.