- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Sawtooth Winery 2010 Vineyard Select Skyline Red, Snake River Valley, $12
Best Buy! Sawtooth Winery is one of Idaho’s oldest producers, having started life as Pintler Cellars in 1987. Today, it is owned by Precept Wine in Seattle, and the wines are made by Bill Murray. This red blend from the Gem State’s largest vineyard includes no fewer than eight varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Tempranillo, Petite Sirah, Petit Verdot, Grenache, Malbec and Syrah. This collection showcases the diversity of the Snake River Valley’s viticultural opportunities. It opens with aromas of cordial cherries, white strawberries and dark plum that lead to hedonistic flavors of plum and black currant jam. It provides juicy acidity and is backed with ample tannins and complexity. This won a gold medal at last year’s Idaho Wine Competition.
Production: 2,200 cases