- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Walla Faces 2012 Tempranillo, Columbia Valley, $35
Rick Johnson’s fascinating rise within the Walla Walla wine industry includes his two remarkable and diverse lodging options to go with his recent move into the winery incubator complex. The seriousness of his wine program also shows here with his fruit source — the stellar and steamy StoneTree Vineyard on the Wahluke Slope. Blackberry and red cherry aromas pick up hints of sarsaparilla from the oak. Bold and brambly purple fruit flavors are joined by a splash of cola and creaminess on the midpalate before a firm tug of the tannin that’s expected from this Iberian variety.
Production: 150 cases