- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Wit Cellars 2014 Riesling, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $18
The veteran winemaking duo of Flint Nelson and Cat Warwick pull from one of Washington state’s premier plantings of Riesling — Evergreen Vineyard — for this stunningly fascinating bottling under their new brand. Crisp and complex aromas of pear, lemon and gooseberry pick up hints of ginger and alfalfa. Inside, the flavors are elegant and reminiscent of Ginger Gold apple and an Arnold Palmer blend of jasmine tea with lemonade. It’s bright and beautifully balanced around the residual sugar of 1.5%. At their tasting room in Prosser, they suggest serving this with spicy Mexican or Thai fare.
Production: 136 cases