- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Angel Vine 2014 Les Collines Vineyard Zinfandel, Walla Walla Valley, $24
The McKibben family’s Les Collines Vineyard in the Walla Walla Valley raised the grapes for Angel Vine’s 2014 Zinfandel and the Carlton, Ore., winery turned them into a wine that exudes blackberries, herbs and a bare whiff of chocolate. In the mouth, the blackberries have a sweet, earthy presence, with a finish of smooth tannins and pleasing minerality. This bottling by the gregarious Ed Fus merited a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 100 cases