- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards 2015 Timnah Bloc Estate Tempranillo, Umpqua Valley, $29
Stephen Reustle adds another chapter to the Southern Oregon success story with Tempranillo, a red variety native to the Iberian Peninsula. Plums, smoky dates, figs, with a touch of black pepper, accompany bold tannins and bright acid, a combination that begs to be paired with a plate of Manchego and olives or Grilled Naan Bread with Red Pepper Sauce. This bottling, which claimed gold medals at the Monterey International Wine Competition and the San Diego International Wine & Spirits Challenge, earned a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 94 cases