- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
Brandborg Vineyard & Winery 2014 Ferris Wheel Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir, Elkton Oregon, $38
Terry Brandborg and Brandborg Vineyard and Winery are among Oregon’s best-kept secrets, but this wine from the 2014 vintage may end that. Using grapes from the estate Ferris Wheel Vineyard near Elkton, he crafted an elegant wine with aromas of forest floor, cherries and a bare hint of spice, then flavors of red cherry and red currant, enchanting minerality and well-mannered tannins. This won a gold medal and best of class sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 360 cases