- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- Auction of Washington Wines grows Private Barrel lots by 55 percent
- Parks Redwine, owner of NorthWest Wine Summit competition, dies in Atlanta
- 15 years of women in wine at Walla Walla Community College
- Union Wine Co. doubles production, adds sales reps beyond Oregon
- Abacela brings home more gold with Grenache rosé
- Individual tickets available for 32nd annual IPNC in Oregon
- Taste Washington grows attendance by 15 percent
- Deep roots in wine lead Elizabeth Bourcier to La Rata in Walla Walla
Cascadia Wine Competition
The seventh annual Cascadia International Wine Competition will be staged April 9-11, 2019, at the Courtyard Richland Columbia Point in Richland, Wash.
For its first three years, the Cascadia was known as the Great Northwest Wine Competition. In 2016, we changed the name to differentiate it from our wine buyer-based Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition each October.
- See the 2018 competition results
- See the 2017 competition results
- See the 2016 competition results
- See the 2015 competition results
- See the 2014 competition results
- See the 2013 competition results
- All wines are tasted blind by category.
- Please submit three bottles of each entry because this is a multi-day judging.
Benefits of entering the Cascadia International Wine Competition
- Wines are judged by some of the top wine professionals throughout the country, including journalists, winemakers, retailers and educators.
- Gold medals are announced immediately via email to wineries and on Twitter.
- Results are posted as soon as the competition concludes.
- Results are sent to our newspaper partners for inclusion in print and online.
- Great Northwest Wine’s online audience (25,000 unique visitors per month and more than 2,800 email newsletter subscribers) receives results in a timely manner.
- We link to medal winners’ website at no additional cost (some competitions charge up to $55 for such links).
- Top winners appear in our weekly wine column, which is syndicated in more than 20 Northwest newspapers.
- Select gold medal winners are featured as a “Wine of the Week” in the Tri-City Herald newspaper and on Wine Press Northwest’s website over the course of several weeks after the competition.
- Our growing social media network receives alerts about competition medal winners.
- Gold medal winners are automatically eligible for Wine Press Northwest magazine’s year-end Platinum Judging.
- Gold medal winners are automatically eligible for consideration in The Seattle Times Top 50 Wines of the Year list.
- Gold medal winners are automatically eligible for consideration in Great Northwest Wine’s Top 100 Wines of the Year list.
- The 2019 competition will be staged April 9-11 at the Courtyard Richland Columbia Point.
- All entries should arrive by Thursday, April 4 at at the following address:
Cascadia Wine Competition
318 Wellhouse Loop
Richland, WA 99352
- Eric Degerman — firstname.lastname@example.org (509) 727-4317
- Andy Perdue — email@example.com
- April Reddout, guest services manager, Col Solare Winery, Benton City, Wash.
- Ken Robertson, columnist, Wine Press Northwest magazine, Kennewick, Wash.
- Hailey Alexander, enologist, Cinder Wines, Garden City, Idaho
- Mohamed Awad, winemaker/general manager, Play Estate Winery, Penticton, British Columbia
- Kristine Bono, direct to consumer manager, Tertulia Cellars, Walla Walla, Wash.
- Alan Busacca, proprietor/geologist, Volcano Ridge Vineyard and Vinitas Vineyard Consultants, Bingen, Wash.
- Kenneth Corliss, enologist, Tapteil Vineyard and Winery, Benton City, Wash.
- Jeff Cox, wine/beer/spirits buyer, PCC Community Markets, Seattle
- Jay Drysdale, co-owner/winemaker, Bella Wines, Naramata, British Columbia
- Megan Hughes, enologist, Barnard Griffin Winery, Richland, Wash.
- Richard Larsen, research winemaker and enologist, Washington State University, Richland, Wash.
- Gregg McConnell, editor, Wine Press Northwest, Kennewick, Wash.
- Katy Michaud, winemaker, Double Canyon, West Richland, Wash.
- Jessica Munnell, co-owner/winemaker, Wautoma Wines, West Richland, Wash.
- Stephen Reustle, co-owner/winemaker, Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards, Roseburg, Ore.
- Barb Robertson, wine packaging specialist, MA Silva, Santa Rosa, Calif.; columnist, Foothills magazine, Wenatchee, Wash.
- Frank Roth, winemaker, Tagaris Winery, Richland, Wash.
- Steven Sinkler, owner of The Wine Shack/proprietor of Puffin Wines in Cannon Beach, Ore.
- Coco Umiker, co-owner/winemaker, Clearwater Canyon Cellars, Lewiston, Idaho
- Heather Unwin, instructor, Richland, Wash., The Wine & Spirit Archive, Portland, Ore.
- Gordy Venneri, co-founder, Walla Walla Vintners, Walla Walla, Wash.
- Bill Ward, wine columnist, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Sara Wilson, certified sommelier/general manager, Mystic Cafe, Lewiston, Idaho