- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
- Treveri Cellars kicks off harvest of 2018 vintage on Aug. 17
- McMinnville Wine and Food Classic announces 2019 judging panel
- Wind Rose Cellars tops Capital judging with Primitivo
- Tsillan Cellars, Noble Ridge earn 2 golds at Jerry D. Mead’s New World International
- WSU studies tiny Samurai wasp in war vs. stink bug
- Maryhill Winery to be part of $1.5 billion Vancouver USA waterfront development
- Illahe Vineyards goes canoe for Pinot Noir delivery to PDX
- Walla Walla Valley vines branch out nearly 3,000 acres
- 2018 heat units tracking near 2014 vintage for Northwest wine
More Outstanding News
Helix by Reininger 2010 Syrah, Columbia Valley, $30
Here’s an elegant and lighter approach toward Syrah, one which allows for a focus...
- Posted March 25, 2014
Mercer Estates 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $24
Most of us are always on the lookout for a classic Cab from Washington,...
- Posted March 24, 2014
Patterson Cellars 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $40
Woodinville’s John Patterson first learned by making wine at his father’s side before refining...
- Posted March 21, 2014
Cave B Estate Winery 2010 Cuvée du Soleil, Columbia Valley, $48
Freddy Arredondo’s blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (38%), Merlot (32%), Cabernet Franc (15%) and Malbec...
- Posted March 21, 2014
Three Rivers Winery 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $39
Despite the valley’s coolest vintage since 1999, Walla Walla winemaker Holly Turner produced a...
- Posted March 19, 2014
Bunnell Family Cellar 2008 Syrah, Horse Heaven Hills, $40
Few in the Pacific Northwest can match Ron Bunnell’s skill with Syrah, and the...
- Posted March 18, 2014
Helix by Reininger 2012 Stillwater Creek Vineyard Viognier, Columbia Valley, $33
As one panelist put it, “Viognier is a tough nut to get right, but...
- Posted March 17, 2014
Arbor Crest Wine Cellars 2011 Five Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, $18
Five stalwart sites for Spokane, Wash., winemaker Kristina Mielke-van Löben Sels — Bacchus, Dionysus,...
- Posted March 13, 2014
Brian Carter Cellars 2011 Opulento, Yakima Valley, $22
Few in Washington state can match Brian Carter’s blending talent, especially when it comes...
- Posted March 12, 2014
Doyenne 2012 Rosé, Yakima Valley, $28
Built as a Provence-style, DeLille Cellars’ rosé continues to presents itself with an Old...
- Posted March 10, 2014