- Dry pink wines extend rosé trend in Pacific Northwest
- Oregon wine leader King Estate promotes winemaker Brent Stone to COO
- Metropolitan Grill in Seattle receives rare Grand Award from Wine Spectator
- Maryhill Winery preps for final concert at its amphitheater
- Washington wine research seminar set for July 11 in Woodinville
- Taste of Cascadia gathers 20 top winemakers to The Lodge at Columbia Point
- Brian Carter rosé rises to top of Washington State Wine Competition
- Tiny Grantwood Winery tops Walla Walla Valley Wine Competition
- Savor Idaho serves as delicious barometer for Idaho wine industry
- 2018 vintage for Northwest wine growers tracks ahead of hot 2015
- This event has passed.
Charles Smith Wines and Ethan Stowell present Best of Washington Food and Wine
January 27, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm$360
SEATTLE — Ethan Stowell and Charles Smith collaborate to present Best of Washington Food and Wine, an opportunity to wine and dine with three Seattle tastemakers during a Jan. 27 culinary party at the Charles Smith Wines Jet City facility.
This evening is part of Four Seasons’ Taste of Place program, a collection of culinary and beverage experiences that encourage people to sample local food culture near Four Seasons destinations around the world. At participating properties, travelers and locals with an appetite for exploration can enjoy exclusive tours, tastings, classes and dining experiences – each orchestrated by area experts and unfolding in unforgettable settings.
The menu will be orchestrated by Stowell and Joe Ritchie, chefs who will showcase wines by Charles Smith with a rating of 90 points or higher.
Best of Washington Food and Wine menu for Jan. 27
Raw bar features oysters on the Half Shell, Tuna Poke and Crudo Bites with Wines of Substance 2013 Sauvignon Blanc.
First course is Dungeness Crab Salad with K Vintners 2007 K Viognier.
Second course is Seared Scallop, Salsify Soup and Black Trumpet Mushroom with SIXTO 2013 Frenchman Hills Vineyard Chardonnay.
Third course is Roasted Duck Breast, Smoked Yam and Hazelnuts with K Vintners 2008 The Boy Grenache.
Fourth course is Whole Roasted Beef Tenderloin, Black Truffle Gnocchi and Wilted Greens with Charles Smith 2007 Old Bones Syrah.
Fifth course is Chocolate Dessert with Calvados.
Cost is $360 per person, which includes 20 percent service charge. RSVP through Eventbrite or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continue the festivities with a night at Four Seasons Hotel Seattle. Reserve a “Taste of Place” special rate from Friday, Jan. 27 to Sunday, Jan. 29 by calling Reservations at 206-749-7000. Rates start at $249 per night for a Seattle View guest room.