- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Milbrandt Vineyards 2012 Traditions Riesling, Columbia Valley, $13
Best Buy! Several years ago, Joshua Maloney headed up the red winemaking for Chateau Ste. Michelle, but he continues to show his skill with white wines for the Milbrandt brothers. Part of his scuccess is the ability to work with Evergreen Vineyard, one of the top sites for white wines in the Northwest, and this bottling is 100% from that Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley planting. It features an array of aromatics, staring with dusty apricot, white peach, river rock and lemon. However, the nose doesn’t prepare the drinker for the rush of fresh fruit flavors that hint at peach, apricot jam and sugared pink grapefruit. It is harmonius and lengthy as tartness of Granny Smith apple polishes up the 1.4% residual sugar.
Production: 9,000 cases