- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Kaella Winery 2014 Ciel du Cheval Vineyard Rosé, Red Mountain, $18
Woodinville vintner Dave Butner takes this pink made from Sangiovese off one of the state’s top vineyards in Jim Holmes’ Ciel du Cheval down a drier path. Fresh and bright aromas of dusty Rainier cherry, fresh cranberry compote, strawberry, apricot and marshmallow lead to a clean and delicious presentation of ripe raspberry and cranberry. The structure is perfectly balanced. Production was trimmed by about 10 percent, and the residual sugar checks in at 0.9%, more than half a percent lower than the award-winning 2013. And it earned best rosé at the 2015 Capital Food and Wine Festival Competition.
Production: 98 cases