- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Genoa Cellars 2012 Traveler Sangiovese, Columbia Valley, $29
Woodinville vintners Derek Berger and Scott Heinrich relied on a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon from Red Mountain in 2011 to create a Super-Tuscan blend under this label, but this vintage shows more dedication to Sangiovese. Aromas of red cherry, red currant, pomegranate, chocolate and Swisher Sweets cigar tobacco leads to rich and juicy flavors of raspberry and black currant. Mild and rounded tannins create an ideal acidity-to-fruit balance, which allows the finish of dark strawberry to shine. It’s easy to envision enjoying this with lasagne, and the wine earned a gold medal at the 2015 Capital Food and Wine Festival Competition.
Production: 125 cases