- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Milbrandt Vineyards 2014 Traditions Chardonnay, Columbia Valley, $13
Best Buy! The Milbrandt brothers’ winemaker Joshua Maloney, despite a record hot vintage, creates a complex and affordable Chardonnay using fruit from the Wahluke Slope and renowned Evergreen Vineyard in the Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley. It spent six months in a program that featured 25% new American oak, which accounts for aromas of wood spice backed by Mandarin orange, ginger, Golden Delicious apple and fresh mint. It comes with an entry that’s round and lush from the surlie aging in barrel, followed by pleasing and long flavors of orchard fruit and lemon meringue pie that are capped by a pinch of mint.
Production: 6,000 cases