- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
William Church Winery 2014 Viognier, Columbia Valley, $25
The Balsleys continue their award-winning tradition in Woodinville, Wash., with this white grape from the Rhone Valley, and it starts with their relationships with Columbia Basin vineyards Conner Lee and Gamache. Enticing aromas of orange blossom, banana taffy, pineapple and orange oil lead to a delicious entry of white peach, Gala apple and Asian pear. Its clean and bright structure achieves balance from both citrus pith and acidity.
Production: 610 cases