- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Knight Hill Winery 2012 Two Coyote Vineyard CheckMate Red Wine, Yakima Valley, $32
Rattlesnake Hills winemaker Terry Harrison pulls from nearby Two Coyote Vineyard for this Right Bank Bordeaux-style blend of Merlot (60%) and Cabernet Sauvignon that reveals an Old World approach. Aromas of cassis, blueberry, green peppercorns, chalkboard dust and vanilla are matched on the palate as currant skin tannins and pomegranate acidity make for a medium finish. Look for this at Wray’s Market and other grocers in Yakima as well as at the Zillah, Wash., winery.
Production: 72 cases