- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
EFESTĒ 2013 Taylor Mag Vineyard Estate Petit Verdot, Red Mountain, $50
This Woodinville cult winery is the brainchild of Daniel and Helen Ferrelli, Patrick Smith, and Kevin and Angela Taylor — the first letters of their last names form F-S-T. Red Mountain serves as the site for two of EFESTĒ’s three estate vineyards, and Taylor Mag is dedicated to red Bordeaux varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot. This vintage marked Peter Devison’s second for the ownership group, and he chose a barrel program of 60% new French oak to add style to this traditional blending grape. That leads to aromas of toast, boysenberry and pomegranate with dried herbs, white pepper and raisin. The flavor profile leads with Marionberry and elderberry flavors, framed by up-front acidity and backed by firm tannins.
Production: 80 cases