- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Love That Red Winery 2016 Love That Rosé, Columbia Valley, $18
Terry Wells uses his winery in Woodinville, Wash., to pay tribute to Love That Red, an acclaimed Thoroughbred who ran at Santa Anita in Southern California. The inaugural release of Wells’ rosé rides through Southern Rhône with its blend of Syrah (69%), Cinsault (15%), Grenache (9%) and Mourvèdre (7%). Aromas of cherry, dried strawberry, watermelon and facial powder come through as flavors with a pleasing mouth feel and a finish of blood orange. We’ve tried this several months apart, and it remains a winning ticket after its second-place finish in a field of 122 entries for Wine Press Northwest’s spring rosé tasting.
Production: 56 cases