- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Indian Creek Winery 2014 Star Garnet Red Blend, Snake River Valley, $15
Best Buy! Founding winemaker Bill Stowe helped train Mike McClure to take over for him in the cellar of their winery near Boise, and the tradition of award-winning, value-priced wines continues. Star garnet is the official stone of the Gem State, and this red blend built upon the shoulders of Merlot sparkles. Sourced from Skyline and Daniels vineyards, it’s filled with aromas and flavors of black currant and boysenberry, backed by earthy and cigar tones, and finished with cola. Suggested pairings include roast duck, sausage or ham. Each vintage, this red is one of the Pacific Northwest’s best bargains. This fall, it earned a unanimous double gold and best of class award at the 2017 Idaho Wine Competition.
Production: 700 cases