- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Koenig Vineyards 2014 Estate Vineyard Reserve, Snake River Valley $30
Greg Koenig crafts the wines for several brands in Idaho’s Snake River Valley, yet he also carves out the time to farm his slowly expanding vineyard in the Sunnyslope Wine District. This blend of muscular Bordeaux varieties leads with Petit Verdot (55%), and follows with Cabernet Sauvignon (35%) and Merlot, yet comes with a pleasing tannin structure. It’s redolent of black fruit – plums, black cherry and black currant with a kitchen cabinet of baking spices that include anise. As a result, it received a gold medal at the 2017 Idaho Wine Competition.
Production: 207 cases