- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Mercer Canyons 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon, Horse Heaven Hills, $17
The older brother of this Cabernet Sauvignon from the Mercer family earned best of show at the 2017 Indy International Wine Competition on the campus of Purdue University, and the 2015 Cab seems cut from the same cloth. Aromas of dusty oak, cassis, black cherry and boysenberry include a trail of smoke. Inside, it’s presented as a lighter and elegant style with rich blackberry and ripe black cherry flavors, bringing a juicy and approachable structure with a pinch of mint in the finish. Suggested pairings include chuck steak, roasted duck and a salad of bitter greens drizzled with a balsamic and lemon dressing.
Production: 8,106 cases