- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
DiStefano Winery 2013 Carménère, Columbia Valley, $39
Woodinville winemaker Mark Newton began in the 1980s with bubbles before transitioning the DiStefano Winery brand toward Bordeaux varieties, so his support for the Carménère movement in Washington state fits the program. Classic aromas of black pepper, moist earth, Marionberry and crushed blueberries are joined by grilled chorizo. Dark cherry and blackberry flavors arrive up front for a deliciously juicy profile that washes over the tannins, allowing for a finishing turn of a pepper mill.
Production: 130 cases