- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Tapteil Vineyard Winery 2015 Estate Grenache, Red Mountain, $38
Larry Pearson grows some of Red Mountain’s best fruit for a number of the Northwest’s top winemakers, but he doesn’t sell all of his prime grapes. Greanche is a recent addition at Tapteil, which Pearson began to transform from a campsite into vineyard back in 1985, and he continues to prove Red Mountain’s versatility with this, which opens with aromas of cherry juice, dusty herbs and a freshly opened bag of Strawberry Twizzlers. Those bright, high-toned red fruit tones splash around the palate with flavors of sweet raspberry and Craisin. Blueberry skin tannins and pomegranate acidity combine for a round and graceful finish that’s easy to enjoy.
Production: 185 cases