- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Idilico 2016 Albariño, Yakima Valley, $15
Best Buy! The sister label to Javier Alfonso’s Pomum Cellars is dedicated to Spanish varieties, and he used Albariño as the white launch to the program he hopes will soon be joined by Verdejo and Virua. Here, he works with Dutchman Vineyard near the Rattlesnake Hills, established by the den Hoed family, and the 30 tons from 6 acres shows delicious amount of scale. Aromas of lemon, lime and tangerine bring along a hint of candy corn. Long and mouthwatering spritely acidity continues to push that tangerine theme, backed by Golden Delicious apple and prickly pear.
Production: 829 cases