- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards 2015 Timnah Block Estate Côt et Merlau Malbec-Merlot, Umpqua Valley, $31
Stephen Reustle’s skill with cool-climate whites, Pinot Noir, Syrah and Tempranillo are widely publicized, so his work with this 50-50 offering of Malbec and Merlot should not come as a major surprise. Its huge nose carries cherry and plum juice with clove and Jolly Rancher grape candy. The Merlot provides some nice grip backed by dark cherry and barrel spices with lingering blueberry in the finish. On top of that, the restrained alcohol makes it clearly cellar worthy. It earned a 2017 Platinum, a gold at the 2017 Oregon Wine Awards and an Outstanding! from our recent release panel.
Production: 330 cases