- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Succession Wines 2015 Familigia Vineyard Cabernet Franc, Ancient Lakes of Columbia Valley, $39
We don’t usually associate the cool Ancient Lakes region around the Columbia Basin town of Quincy with red wines, but fruit from Familigia Vineyard is an exception. This Cab Franc is a classic with notes of Rainier cherries, pencil shavings and hints of sweet herbs followed by flavors of ripe black cherry and ripe plum on the palate. It’s all backed by nicely managed tannins that are smooth through the lingering finish. This captured a gold medal and best of class at the 2017 Wenatchee Wine Awards.
Production: 97 cases