- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
Fletcher Bay Winery 2015 Kylee’s Barrel Select Private Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley, $48
Fletcher Bay Winery of Bainbridge Island, Wash., reached across the Cascades into the Walla Walla Valley’s Los Oidos Vineyard — managed by acclaimed viticulturist Kenny Hart — for the fruit for its 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon. Those grapes produced a wine with dark blue fruit and spice aromas, followed by black cherry and black currant flavors, spice and generous tannins sporting dark chocolate elements in its lengthy finish. This won a gold medal and best of class at the sixth annual Cascadia International Wine Competition.
Production: 72 cases