- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Ridge Crest 2015 White Bluffs Vineyard Syrah, Columbia Valley, $14
Best Buy! The Claar-Whitelatch family continues to deliver bargains with its Ridge Crest tier for Claar Cellars. Their White Bluffs Vineyard estate has earned Salmon-Safe and L.I.V.E. designations, and their farming of this Syrah shows cool-climate characteristics despite the record-warm vintage. As a result, the harvest for this bottling came off Sept. 4. Fascinating tones of charcuterie, dark blue fruit and toast, includes vanilla, chalkboard dust and sea air. Crunchy tannins and pomegranate acidity leads to a bright finish. These wines are available in nearly 20 states, the District of Columbia and China.
Production: 600 cases