- Taste Washington 2019 tickets now available
- Photojournalist takes lens to Pacific Northwest 2018 harvest
- Stoller names Santora as head winemaker for Chehalem Winery
- Vidon Vineyard melds science, craftsmanship into Oregon wine
- Oregon Pinot Noir shines at first New Orleans International Wine Awards
- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
Cedergreen Cellars 2015 Gamay Noir, Columbia Valley, $25
Kirkland vintner Kevin Cedergreen pulls from Skyline Vineyard, a higher-elevation site in the Yakima Valley, for this youthful and gorgeous Gamay Noir. Tantalizing aromas of strawberry-watermelon candy, red currant, violets and buttered popcorn lead to high-toned red fruit notes of strawberry-rhubarb compote and Montmorency cherry. The lovely midpalate comes with a pinch of cherry pipe tobacco and lavender. Its veritable absence of tannin makes it an ideal pairing with Thanksgiving table fare, lamb or salmon. Seek their wines at grocers with wine stewards such as Central Market, PCC, QFC and Whole Foods as well as bottle shops and Puget Sound-area wine lists. This earned a gold medal on its way to a best-of-class award at the 2018 SavorNW Wine Awards on Cannon Beach.
Production: 165 cases