- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Rain Dance Vineyards 2016 Nicholas Vineyard Estate Chardonnay, Chehalem Mountains, $30
Nick and Sheila Nicholas wisely selected Dijon clone 95 for their vineyard on a plateau north of Parrett Mountain in the southeast corner of the Chehalem Mountains. Bryan Weil poured the Sept. 10 harvest into three French oak barrels, one of those being new. The reward is a rich presentation of buttery toast with bright fruit notes of pineapple and lemon zest, backed by blanched almond and a touch of ginger, making for a balanced, complex and delicious expression of Oregon Chardonnay.
Production: 74 cases