- Gehringer tops Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition again
- Erica Landon, Ken Pahlow take Walter Scott Wines into second decade
- L’Ecole No. 41 announces management change
- Team Quady sweeps superlatives at Oregon Wine Competition
- Fries family sells Duck Pond Cellars to Great Oregon Wine Co.
- USA Today readers vote Stoller Family Estate tasting room No. 1 in nation
- Auction of Washington Wines tops $4 million again
- Ste. Michelle CEO Baseler retires after 17 years at the helm
- Fujishin, Lost West Winery use Riesling to top 2018 Idaho Wine Competition
- Private Barrel Auction raises $251,500 for Washington State University wine program
Chris Daniel Winery 2014 Malbec, Columbia Valley, $28
This father-son operation in the Columbia Basin town of Quincy has son Chris Stewart making the wine. He also is a Napa Valley winemaker. This superb Malbec reveals complex aromas of violet, black pepper and black fruit, followed by flavors of chocolate ice cream and black cap raspberries backed by startling acidity and mild tannins. This won double gold at the 2017 Wenatchee Food and Wine Festival Competition.
Production: 145 cases